If you’ve been waiting for just the right time to figure out the new health insurance options, there’s no better day to learn about Washington Healthplanfinder than Saturday, March 8.
It’s a “National Day of Action” for everyone sitting on the fence, or needing more information, or looking for help with the new insurance options. And King County is offering ten enrollment events where you can ask questions and get help from experts (see the list below).
Getting started now is a good idea, because the initial open enrollment period ends on March 31. That’s the official deadline to enroll for insurance in 2014. (However, individuals with lower incomes can apply for Apple Health, the state’s Medicaid program, throughout the year.)
“Competition has driven down pricing among comparable insurance plans, and most remaining uninsured people will qualify for some level of discount,” said King County Executive Dow Constantine. “Anyone who believes insurance is too costly for them should really give Healthplanfinder a try.”
Already, more than 120,000 people in King County have enrolled, and more than 427,000 statewide.
Public Health – Seattle & King County has partnered with community organizations in a coordinated county-wide effort to help people who have barriers to accessing the website or just could use some counsel on how to find the right insurance plan for their family.
In March there are over 120 enrollment events scheduled across King County. This Saturday, check out one of these:
- Gay City Health Project, 517 E Pike St., Seattle, WA 98122; 1:00pm-5:00pm
- HopeLink Bellevue, 14812 Main St., Bellevue, WA 98007; 10:00 am-2:00pm
- HealthPoint Seatac, 4040 S 188th St., Ste. 100, Seatac, WA 98188; 10:00am-1:30pm
- HealthPoint Redmond, 16315 NE 87th St., Ste. B6, Redmond, WA 98052; 10:00am-2:00pm
- International District Community Center, 719 8th Ave S., Seattle, WA 98104; 11:00am-3:00pm
- HopeLink Shoreline, 15809 Westminster Way N., Shoreline, WA 98133; 10:00am-2:00pm
- Sea Mar Burien Clinic, 14434 Ambaum Blvd SW, Seattle, WA 98166; 9:00am-4:00pm
- Sea Mar Seattle Medical, 8720 14th Ave S., Seattle, WA 98018; 9:00am-4:00pm
- Downtown Seattle Library, 1000 4th Ave, Seattle, WA 98104; 11:00am-3:00pm
- YWCA Greeenbridge, 9720 8th Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98106; 10:00am-2:00pm
Find more ways to get enrollment assistance on the Public Health website.