Figuring out the best insurance plan on Washington Healthplanfinder sometimes requires a little guidance.
Fortunately, a number of King County organizations offer in-person enrollment assistance every week — listed (and updated regularly) on Public Health-Seattle & King County’s website.
Dropping into one of these events could help ensure you finish your application before the March 31 deadline for open enrollment.
(Note: Enrollment for free Apple Health coverage continues all year.)
Here are some of the recurring enrollment sites:
- In Bellevue, enrollment aid can be found Monday through Friday at SeaMar Bellevue Clinic and Crossroads Shopping Center.
- Most Wednesdays, HealthPoint Bothell has staff available to help you navigate the Washington Healthplanfinder.org website and submit your application online. Check for specific dates at this link.
- Issaquah Food and Clothing Bank and WithinReach are hosting Healthplanfinder information and assistance every Wednesday from 10 am-2 pm
- Help in both English and Laotian is available at the Auburn Library from 2-5 pm
- SeaMar Clinic’s Burien location also offers information and assistance about Healthplanfinder, in Spanish and English, Monday through Friday.
- The Maple Valley Food Bank hosts an enrollment In-Person Assister every Wednesday from 10 am-2pm
- Renton’s Community Service Office has a health care open house Tuesdays from 10:30 am-2:30 pm
- North Seattle has a number of standing enrollment events. Check the Public Health website for dates and times.
- And in south Seattle, one option is the White Center Community Service Office, which opens its doors for enrollment help Mondays, 9 am-4 pm, as well as Fridays from 10:30 am-2 pm.
It saves time if you can create an account and start your application online, at Healthplanfinder. And there’s help by phone, from the toll-free call center, at 855-923-4633.
With so many options for personal health care assistance, there’s no reason to feel that you have to walk through this process alone.
If you come for assistance, please bring this information:
- Social Security Numbers for all household members
- Date of birth for all members
- Your household’s estimated income (if possible, bring 2012 tax form)
- If employed, please have employer’s name, address and monthly gross income for each employed enrollee.
- Proof of residential status (Citizen/Naturalization Certificate or Permanent Resident-Green Card)