Find enrollment assistance, with help in many languages

ACRS enrollmentBuying insurance online with Washington Healthplanfinder is getting faster every week. But many people still need in-person help, so King County and its network of assisters are hosting two enrollment events this weekend with room to handle large numbers of people.

And there are dozens of additional opportunities between now and March 31, for anyone facing obstacles with the online system.

  • An all-day event, linked to the Asian Lunar New Year, is tailored to the Asian-American and Pacific Islander community. Hosts are Asian Counseling and Referral Service and International Community Health Services. Translators will be available in: Vietnamese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean, Cambodian, Lao, Thai and Samoan.

Where: Asian Counseling and Referral Service, 3839 Martin Luther King Jr. Way S., Seattle. * Parking lot is north of the building, access via S. Walden St. and 27th Ave S. (map)

When: Sat., Jan. 25 from 9am-4pm. (see below for a list of documents to bring)

  • A half-day event for residents of the greater Snoqualmie Valley, in partnership with Snoqualmie Valley Community Network.

Where: Duvall Visitor Center, 15619 Main Street NE, Duvall (map)

When: Sat., Jan.25, from Noon – 4pm.  (see below for a list of documents to bring)

More ways to get help

Other in-person assistance is available in neighborhoods across King County, with new options added to the map every week.

Some organizations also offer appointments with In-Person Assisters. And private insurance brokers can help those earning above Medicaid levels.

If you’d like personal notification of in-person events near your home, subscribe to text message alerts. The system sends only one or two messages per week, but they’re customized to your location, based on zip code.  Text KING plus your ZIP code to 468311. For example, “KING 98122″ (for Spanish language, text SALUD plus your ZIP code to 468311, such as “SALUD 98122″)

What to bring or prepare before getting enrollment help

– Social Security Numbers for all household members
– Date of birth for all members
– Your household’s estimated income (if possible, bring 2012 tax form)
– If employed, please have employer’s name, address and monthly gross income for each employed enrollee.
– Proof of residential status (Citizen/Naturalization Certificate or Permanent Resident-Green Card)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s