Washington Healthplanfinder brings the “Coverage is Here!” enrollment-on-wheels statewide tour to Kent this Saturday, November 9.
The mobile tour has been criss-crossing Washington state in a giant trailer, specially-outfitted with laptop computers for online enrollment. At two stops in King County, experts from Public Health – Seattle & King County and community partners will answer questions about available insurance plans and financial aid, and help people sign up for coverage.
The event in Kent is the fourth major enrollment event in King County since Healthplanfinder went live on Oct. 1. In addition, smaller events are held every day, in local libraries, community centers, churches and other places where people congregate.
Statewide, more than 100,000 people have either fully enrolled in new health coverage options or completed an application that’s awaiting payment due in December.
South King County has the county’s highest concentrations of people without health insurance, with rates approaching 30% in some areas.
The mobile tour also will stop at the University of Washington – Seattle campus. In-Person Assisters will help with enrollment, experts will answer questions about Washington Healthplanfinder, and volunteer speakers will share their personal enrollment experiences.
Saturday, Nov. 9, Washington Healthplanfinder Mobile Tour:
- Kent Memorial Park Building, 850 Central Ave. N., Kent, WA
- Enrollment event, 2 – 5 pm
- Keynote speakers and media Q+A, 3 – 4 pm
The second local stop on the enrollment tour is Tuesday, Nov. 12 at the University of Washington – Seattle Campus. The big rig will be parked on George Washington Lane, between Henry Art Gallery and Odegaard Undergraduate Library, from 11 am – 2 pm (with a special media availability, 1 – 2 pm).
What to bring to be ready to enroll:
- Names, birthdays, address and contact info for all household members
- Social Security Numbers
- Passport, alien, or other immigration numbers — for any lawfully present immigrants who need health care coverage
- Estimated tax status for 2012, 2013 and 2014 for all household members
- Income information for 2012, 2013 and 2014 for all adults and all minors age 14 or older who are required to file a tax return
- Information about health insurance available to your family (Employer sponsored health insurance, Medicare, TriCare, PeaceCorps insurance, etc.)
The Washington Healthplanfinder mobile enrollment event in Kent is a collaborative effort between Public Health – Seattle & King County and select partner organizations: Global to Local, HealthPoint, SeaMar, International Community Health Services, WithinReach Washington and World Relief.