The strategy of reaching uninsured people near their homes or businesses comes to three Eastside venues this week — in Mercer Island, Kirkland and Samammish.
Providing help at the hyperlocal level will ensure all King County residents have convenient access to enrollment assistance and information in their own neighborhoods.
An In-Person Assister will be helping Eastside residents sign up for health insurance on the following days:
- Kirkland City Hall – Tuesday, November 5th, 2-5pm
- Sammamish City Hall – Thursday, November 7th, 2-6pm
- Mercer Island Community Center – Thursday, November 7th, 1-5pm
These enrollment events follow a “tour de force” of city council meetings that took place across King County this fall. In just two months, policy experts visited 37 different cities to meet with local leadership and brief them about resources in their respective communities.
Enrollment events can be found every day, at libraries, churches and community centers. On Saturday, Nov. 9, a major enrollment event will bring the Healthplanfinder Mobil Tour to Kent:
- Kent Memorial Park Building, 850 Central Ave N., from 2-5pm.
What to bring to be ready to enroll:
- Names, birthdays, address and contact info for all household members
- Social Security Numbers
- Passport, alien, or other immigration numbers — for any lawfully present immigrants who need health care coverage
- Estimated tax status for 2012, 2013 and 2014 for all household members
- Income information for 2012, 2013 and 2014 for all adults and all minors age 14 or older who are required to file a tax return
- Information about health insurance available to your family (Employer sponsored health insurance, Medicare, TriCare, PeaceCorps insurance, etc.)