Signing up online for health insurance is a cinch for some people. Others need some help navigating or accessing the new insurance website, called Washington Healthplanfinder.
One of the best opportunities for anyone living in the corridor stretching from Shoreline to Lake Forest Park, Bothell and Woodinville comes this Saturday, Oct. 12th. That’s when a team of In-Person Assisters will setup shop inside Third Place Commons, from 10am-3pm.
The assisters can help:
- Enroll residents in the plan that best fits their needs
- Determine whether or not residents are eligible for financial help
- Compare brand new plans side-by-side
- Translate into Spanish and other languages.
This event will feature representatives from insurance companies, so you can learn exactly which doctors and hospitals are in their networks.
Neighborhoods across King County are hosting opportunities to get assistance at smaller venues, including libraries, churches and community centers. To find one near you, areas, check out King County’s online event calendar.
Two more large enrollment events are scheduled:
- Eastside Saturday, Oct. 19, 10 am-3 pm, at Crossroads Bellevue Shopping Center 15600 NE 8th Street, Bellevue
- South King County Saturday, Nov. 9, 1-5pm, at Kent Memorial Park Building 850 N. Central Avenue, Kent
What to bring to be ready to enroll:
- Names, birthdays, address and contact info for all household members
- Social Security Numbers
- Passport, alien, or other immigration numbers — for any legal immigrants who need health care coverage
- Estimated tax status for 2012, 2013 and 2014 for all household members
- Income information for 2012, 2013 and 2014 for all adults and all minors age 14 or older who are required to file a tax return
- Information about health insurance available to your family (Employer sponsored health insurance, Medicare, TriCare, PeaceCorps insurance, etc.)