North, south, east, west — King County’s health care enrollment team is coming to you! Free community events will be staffed with specially trained In-Person Assisters who can help:
- Enroll residents in the plan that best fits their needs — on the spot
- Determine whether or not residents are eligible for financial help
- Compare brand new plans side-by-side
- Learn from insurance companies exactly which doctors are in their networks
Enrollment happens via the online marketplace, Washington Healthplanfinder, which anyone can access at home. The assisters will walk people through the online process, answering questions as they go.
Assistance will be available in English, Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese and Somali. Details on what to bring are below. Mark your calendars for the following:
Saturday, Oct. 5, 2-5 p.m.
Garfield Community Center
2323 E. Cherry Street
Saturday, Oct. 12, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Third Place Commons
17171 Bothell Way NE
Lake Forest Park
Saturday, Oct. 19, 10 am-2 pm
Crossroads Bellevue Shopping Center
15600 NE 8th Street
South King County
Saturday, Nov. 9, 2-5pm
Kent Memorial Park Building
850 N. Central Avenue
To find events in other areas, go to King County’s online event calendar.
What to bring to be ready to enroll:
- Names, birthdays, address and contact info for all household members
- Social Security Numbers
- Passport, alien, or other immigration numbers — for any legal immigrants who need health care coverage
- Estimated tax status for 2012, 2013 and 2014 for all household members
- Income information for 2012, 2013 and 2014 for all adults and all minors age 14 or older who are required to file a tax return
- Information about health insurance available to your family (Employer sponsored health insurance, Medicare, TriCare, PeaceCorps insurance, etc.)